Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How do I determine latitude and longitude from a street address?

I have a GPS unit, and am looking to go geocaching while on vacation next month. I know the street address of where I'll be. How do I find the approximate GPS coordinates without actually being there and setting a waypoint? I'd like to input some cache locations ahead of time. Google Maps and Mapquest used to show the coordinates in the IE address bar when you showed a map of the address; that doesn't seem to happen now. Am I missing something?How do I determine latitude and longitude from a street address?
Go here and dl the latest Google Earth free edition. Add your street addy as a waypoint, and it should give you lat-lons



http://earth.google.com/download-earth.h鈥?/a>How do I determine latitude and longitude from a street address?
get a topo map and scale them off witha scale ruler

No comments:

Post a Comment