Friday, February 10, 2012

Car GPS inside Google Earth !?

Hallow people, I tried everything and just didn't get it right !!

I really want to make some project using google earth and i really want to use my car GPS. I found out that inside of the device, it has a place that shows the latitude and longitude.

Exemple:

Latitude: S21.20608o

Longitude: O47.80757o

The real question is: how can i translate this information that I had from my car GPS into informations that can be used inside Google Earth?

Thanks for your attention.

:)Car GPS inside Google Earth !?
Take just the latitude and longitude numbers, no letters or o signs.

If the Latitude is south put a - in front of it.

If the Longitude is west put a - in front of it.

Put them into the google earth search box latitude then longitude with a coma between them.



That should work.

Goggle earth can cope with both decimal degrees (21.20308) and degrees, minutes, seconds (21'12"13.34) and should know how to convert between them if it needs to.Car GPS inside Google Earth !?
Hopefully you can answer me back-%26gt;

What do you mean "inside the device"?



Based on what you said, Here is what I can tell you.

First, if you simply get the Lat/Long from the device, you can put it into Google Earth and find the location based on the Search feature.

I am not sure, on my supercomputer I have split myself into the GE files and made the search feature awesome :P

No comments:

Post a Comment