Saturday, February 4, 2012

How do you find a location using its latitude and longitude coordiantes?

Please don't act all smart mouthed about and say: Google Earth doesn't work? or something because I tried and Yes, It sent me to the location but it didnt give me the name of it. If I'm missing something please tell me. I also tried googling but i get many different countries and don't know which one is accurate, please help!How do you find a location using its latitude and longitude coordiantes?
there is no city at those coordinates.

it puts you in a mountainous region in the north of mainland China just south of the Mongolian border.



the closest city would be Zhangye, Gansu about 110km to the SSE.How do you find a location using its latitude and longitude coordiantes?
So ... you not only want to find the location on a map, you also want the name of that place?



I find that Google Earth labels places with names. Perhaps you don't have the settings turned on for that? In the lower left, there is a window for "Layers", with check boxes for "Borders and Labels" and "Places". Turn those on, and see what you get.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment