Thursday, January 26, 2012

****How much data does Google Latitude use per month??????***?

My dad has the nokia e90 and it gps, I have installed google latitude on it, but I am worried about the data. My dad is on pay as you go data plan (I live in New Zealand) and it 10MB of $1 a day. He never open the application, he just leaves it running so I can track were he is. How much data will google latitude use? and will it use data even when it has built in GPS?



Thanks****How much data does Google Latitude use per month??????***?
GPS doesn't require the internet, it only recieves the coordinates from the GPS satellite above. (your e90 has a GPS!!)



I think Google latitude has its own maps, so it wont download anything extra, it connects to the internet to the positioning server, just to confirm if the position indicated by the GPS is correct or not.



In a month I think, to contact the positionig server it'd be like 12kiloBytes a day(0.010 MB)



And if you are using the directions shower, it may calculate the distance using the internet (that'd be like 22kiloBytes each time for my Nokia maps)



I don't think it can give you big bills. It hasn't happened before so don't worry ;-)



If google latitude has a "check for new updates" thing, disable it and update it manually using your computer (connect to PC suite in your computer and install it)



Hope I helped ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment