Thursday, January 26, 2012

Google latitude location question / hacked?

i'm using google latitude, and I understand that sometimes it might not be exactly accurate... but this is my question..



when it is off, does it mean that it has been hacked or anything? i mean, today I looked on my lattiude that my mom is in New Jersey... We are from California.. now how did latitude pinpoint her all the way in New Jersey??? did she get her account hacked??



well, this is a first time being so far, but other times, it would show that she is in a different city, but in fact, she is not.. and soemtimes it would be way off, like in a whole different neighborhood...



what does this mean?Google latitude location question / hacked?
Maybe she is accessing the Internet from a location whose ISP is in New Jersey. Google can't always tell where you are with accuracy if it isn't going by your phone's location.



According to the article cited below, "Latitude works on both mobile devices and personal computers," so this supports my theory that the times she seems to be in New Jersey, she may be on a computer and not her phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment